Screwy Monkey Bread – Monkey Chow – EP. 4
What is Monkey Bread?
According to Wikipedia: Monkey bread, also called monkey puzzle bread, sticky bread, Hungarian coffee cake, golden crown, pinch-me cake, and pluck-it cake is a soft, sweet, sticky pastry served in the United States for breakfast or as a treat. It consists of pieces of soft baked dough sprinkled with cinnamon. It is often served at fairs and festivals.
We here at Monkey Chow and Screwy Monkey just call it the most delicious, ooey gooey, slice of heaven you can put into your mouth!
Our version of monkey bread features brown sugar caramel and pecans. The perfect alternative boring coffee cake or breakfast muffins. Every bite is jam packed with cinnamon, nuts, and raisons!
When you want a comfort food to satisfy your soul look no farther than Monkey Bread from Screwy Monkey and Monkey Chow!
Join Editor Shawn J. Shoulders and Contributor Scotty J. Scott as they embark on a culinary journey to discover the world of amazing food using store bought and packaged ingredients!
Watch The Video!
What You Need:
- 3 (12 ounce) packages refrigerated biscuit dough
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine (butter)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped Pecans (optional)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Bunt Pan
- Plastic Freezer Bag
Step By Step Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9 or 10 inch tube/Bundt(R) pan.
- Mix white sugar and cinnamon in a plastic bag. Cut biscuits into quarters. Shake biscuit pieces in the sugar cinnamon mix. Arrange pieces in the bottom of the prepared pan. Continue until all biscuits are coated and placed in pan. Arrange nuts and raisins in and among the biscuit pieces as you go along.
- In a small saucepan, melt the margarine with the brown sugar over medium heat. Boil for 1 minute. Pour over the biscuits.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 35 minutes. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, turn out onto a plate.
Watch More Monkey Chow!
VISIT SCREWYMONKEY.COM FOR THIS RECIPE AND MORE!
Background Music – Jupiters Smile – YouTube Audio Library