One Pot (Turkey) Penne Pasta! Quick and Easy! Monkey Chow EP. 1
Watch the video above!
Join Editor Shawn J. Shoulders as he embarks on a culinary journey to discover the world of amazing food using store bought and packaged ingredients!
One Pot (Turkey) Penne Pasta is an amazing dish that will set your taste buds on fire! Fire roasted taste adventure that is. Using a mixture of packaged and fresh ingredients makes this a quick work night meal but also perfect for entertaining!
Using jar pasta sauce and canned fire roasted tomatoes makes this a hassle-free way to out dinner on the table without having to worry about making everything from scratch. The secret however is that making a few flavor tweaks and implementing a few clever tricks no one will ever know that you did not spend hours in the kitchen! This time around we used RAGU Pasta Sauce, but really any brand r type would work!
This versatile recipe will work for just about any shape of pasta be it penne, bow tie, rigatoni, elbow macaroni, really anything!
Here is what you will need for this dish:
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- 2- 3 CLOVES GARLIC
- 1 MED. ONION
- 1 MED. GREEN BELL PEPPER
- 1 PKG. SLICED MUSHROOMS
- 1 JAR PASTA SAUCE
- 1 16OZ PKG GROUND TURKEY
- 1 CAN FIRE ROAST DICED TOMATOES
- 1 CUP SHREDDED ITALIAN CHEESE BLEND
- CHOPPED PARSLEY
- ITALIAN SEASONING
- BLACK PEPPER
Step by Step Directions:
- Chop garlic and set aside.
- Rough chop onion and green pepper, parsley and set aside.
- Cut any large mushroom pieces that are over large into small sizes.
- In a stock pot, using oil, sauté onions until they are slightly translucent.
- Add bell pepper and mushrooms to the pot and cook just until the peppers soften.
- Add ground turkey (or other ground meat) to the pot.
- Season with black pepper, Italian seasoning, and a small amount of salt.
- Chop meat with spatula as it cooks, cook till all pink is gone.
- Add pasta, pasta sauce, and 1 jar water to pot.
- Simmer for 20 min or till pasta is desired doneness.
- Remove from heat.
- Add cheese blend (reserve some for garnish) and stir gently.
- Add fire roasted tomatoes and a generous amount of parsley then stir gently again.
- Adjust flavor as needed using addition seasoning, sugar, or drops of vinegar s needed.
- Serve, top with remaining cheese and parsley.