Chipotle Chocolate Turkey Chili – Monkey Chow Ep. 7
Never had chili with chocolate?
Smoky chipotle chiles and earthy unsweetened chocolate add unexpected depth and richness to this hearty chili.
This recipe for a comforting and healthy chili will amaze your friends. Don’t tell them what the secret ingredient is and watch as they try to place it. Share that its chocolate and they will be amazed!
Join Editor Shawn J. Shoulders and Contributor Scotty J. Scott as they embark on a culinary journey to discover the world of amazing food using store bought and packaged ingredients!
Watch The Video!
You Will Need:
- Cooking spray
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper large diced
- 1 red bell pepper large diced
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons ancho chile powder
- 3 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon ancho cumin
- 3 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 dark chocolate bar (min 70% cocoa)
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (15-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 chipotle chiles, canned in adobo sauce, minced
- hot pepper jack cheese
- sour cream
- lime wedges
- tortilla chips
- cilantro (optional)
- Heat oil in stock pot ill shimmering.
- Sauté bell peppers and onion till they start to soften.
- Add ground turkey and cook till the meat is done.
- Add the rest of the chili ingredients except the chocolate and simmer for 30 to 60 min.
- Before serving break the chocolate into the chili and stir till incorporated.
- Sever with your choice of toppings